Monday, August 6, 2012

My New Classroom Color Palette!



I am DETERMINED to make my new classroom this year "cutsified." Yes, that is a very technical term meaning organized, neat, and of course – Matching!

When deciding on a theme for my room, two things I knew for sure:

1.     It would NOT be gender specific
2.     It WOULD be age appropriate

As I’ve mentioned before in My Welcomed Challenge, my new kiddos are 6th, 7th, and 8th graders, at varying academic and social levels. I have to admit, I fell in love with many classroom design bundles waiting to be purchased in the world of Pinterest and teacher blogs, but many of them included clip art images that I knew would be more "Kinder"than "Cutisified" if you will. So, I decided it was best for my classroom to create a design based on more of a color palette, instead of a classroom theme. Besides, I knew if I had a range of colors in my room, it would be easier to purchase other materials that would match my plan.

For whatever reason, I am in love with what I like to call, Beach Colors: Aquas, teals, tans, light greens…similar to what you see in my image above (and in my blog!) What I like about these colors is they are cool and calming, but also carry a punch of color.  I knew these colors would NOT be gender specific, but WOULD be age appropriate. This HAD to be the design of my room, but now where to find it?!

I am an avid follower of the Cluter-Free Classroom and was ecstatic to see this design bundle for a very reasonable $9.99.



It matched my plan perfectly! I purchased the bundle last week and I am SO glad I did. There are all different styles of labels that are perfect for my schedule, labeling supplies, student materials, and work areas. And the Welcome Banners are so cute too! What’s nice is that once you purchase and download, you can continue to print and reprint as many as you want! I also suggest printing your labels, measuring their size, and creating a template in word that matches your measurements to print over your labels. It eliminates having to hand write on the labels which ruins their "cutsifiedness!" (Another very technical term).
 
So, if you are new to teaching this year, or just looking for a new way to spice up your classroom, I suggest you search for and purchase a bundle like this one from the Clutter-Free Classroom! It will save you time and energy, and you’ll be on your way to cutsifiying in no time!

5 comments:

  1. I love this color combination :) I'm sure everything will look great.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like your color combination! I agree that it can be hard to find decorations that aren't too baby-ish or young for the older students! I'm your newest follower! I had to delete my prevous comment, I had forgotten that I had copied and pasted a recipe before and didn't have my blog address!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Im following you now as well! And I've already pinned some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete